Come Sail Away!
Getting off land and into the water is one of the best ways of cooling down this summer. Whether you are diving into the water, or taking control of your boats’ steering wheel, it is important to make sure that you are prepared if an accident were to occur. Often times people forget to pack important things when boarding a boat, and find that they are unprepared when an accident strikes. Below are a few ways to incorporate safety into the mix so that your trip off land is a successful one.
– Travel only in areas open to your type of boat
– Always operate your boat at a safe speed
– Carry a Coast Guard approved life vest (PFD) for each person on board
– Make every effort to always go boating with a partner
– Make certain your trailer is in proper working condition and everything works properly. For instance, your lights on the trailer before leaving for your destination.
– Don’t mix boating with alcohol or drugs
Lastly, make sure that your current boat is registered and that you have the proper insurance coverage before leaving the dock. Any of our agents would be happy to help you choose the best coverage for the best price. We know how great it is to escape on the open waters, we just want to help make the sailing a little more smooth.