Halloween Themed Treats
Halloween is just around the corner! Whether you’re having a party, taking the kids trick-or-treating, or staying in to pass out candy, treats of course need to be involved. Here is some Halloween themed, easy to make, snacks to get you in the “spooky spirit” this year!
Black Cat Oreos
• Green M&M’s
• Pumpkin sprinkles or circle sprinkles
• Chocolate chips
• Black edible marker
1. Frost the back of the M&M’s and attach to the top of the cookie for the eyes. With a black edible marker, draw the center of the eyes on the M&M’s.
2. Take a toothpick and dip it into the frosting, attach the pumpkin sprinkle upside down to the cookie for the nose.
3. Dip the flat part of the chocolate chips into the frosting and attach to the top of the cookie for the ears.
Recipe courtesy of: partypinching.com
Graveyard Taco Dip
- First layer: 1 can refried beans
- Second layer: 2 cups sour cream, 1 package of taco seasoning
- Third layer: 2 avocados-mashed, 1 clove garlic-minced, 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- Fourth layer: 1 cup salsa
- Fifth layer: 1 bunch scallion onions-chopped
1. In a bowl, mix the sour cream and taco seasoning. In another bowl, mix the mashed avocados, minced garlic and mayonnaise.
2. In a small dish or pie plate, layer the beans, sour cream mixture, avocado mixture and salsa. Sprinkle the scallions on top.
3. Chill at least for an hour.
4. To make the tombstones, cut the shapes you want out of 2 large tortillas. Place the cutout shapes on a cookie tray and bake at 350 degrees until the tortillas are nice and brown. Put the tombstones in just before serving.
Recipe courtesy of: chickabug blog
• Peanut butter
• Lemon juice
• For the “teeth” you can use different things including, peeled almonds, mini marshmallows, jelly beans, candy corn etc.
1. Slice the apples into pieces that look like lips (a standard slice usually works). Place the sliced apples in a bowl of lemon water for about 10-15 min so they don’t brown.
2. Heavily spread the peanut butter on the tops of each apple slice
3. Stick the “teeth” into the peanut butter so it sticks
4. Stick 2 of them together, one side with teeth and one without.
Recipe courtesy of: raininghotcoupons.com
Last but not least, enjoy your Halloween treats and have a happy and safe Halloween!