St. Patrick’s Day Themed Treats
Although St. Patrick’s Day is over, we still have the Holyoke Road Race and Parade to look forward to this weekend. Many people join in on the festivities whether it’s running in the road race, spectating at the parade or holding a St. Patrick’s Day themed party. There will be plenty of chances to join in on the fun this weekend so why not surprise your friends by making one of these St. Patrick’s Day themed treats!
Magically Delicious No-Bake Ice Box Pie
4 cups of Lucky Charms Cereal
8 Tbsp. melted butter
2½ cups Lucky Charms marshmallows
1½ cups marshmallow fluff
8 oz. softened cream cheese
2 cups heavy cream
½ cup powdered sugar
1) Add four cups of the Lucky Charms cereal to the bowl of food processor. Pulse until the mixture is crumbs. Slowly poor the melted butter through the feed tube and pulse until the crumbs are moistened.
2) Pour the crumbs into a 9 inch pie plate and press the mixture on the bottom and around the sides to form a crust. Place it in the freezer while you prepare the pie filling.
3) In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream with an electric mixer. Slowly add powdered sugar and whip until it peaks form. Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
4) To prepare the filling: Combine cream cheese and marshmallow fluff in a large mixing bowl. Beat with and electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 min). Add in ½ of the whipped cream mixture and ½ cup Lucky Charms marshmallows and mix together. Pour mixture into the chilled pie crust and smooth over with a spatula. Pour the remaining whipped cream over the top and sprinkle the remaining marshmallows around the edge of the pie. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours and serve when ready!
St. Patrick’s Day Muddy Buddies
4 ½ cups Rice Chex cereal
½ cup white chocolate chips
¼ cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons of butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
¼ cup green candy-coated chocolate candies
¼ cup Luck Charms Marshmallows
1) Place cereal in a medium sized bowl and set aside. In a small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter on high for 1 minute and stir until smooth.
2) Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereal and stir until it’s evenly coated. Place half of the cereal mixture in a sealable food storage bag and add the powdered sugar. Shake the bag until it’s well coated and spread the cereal mixture onto a baking sheet. Allow it to sit for 15 min.
3) Stir in the green food coloring into the other half of the cereal until it turns into a bright green color. Spread the cereal out onto another baking sheet and allow it to sit for 15 min.
4) In a serving bowl, mix both cereal mixtures along with the chocolate candies and marshmallows.
5) Store the muddy buddies in an airtight container.
We hope you enjoy the St. Patrick’s Day inspired treats and have a fun, safe weekend!