Delicious & Affordable Apps- Bacon & Cheddar Toasts
Are you bored of the traditional appetizers served at holiday gatherings? Why not introduce these tasty bite sized treats and impress fellow guests. These bacon and cheddar bites are incredibly easy to make and even easier to eat. The robust flavors of cheddar cheese mixed with the smokey bacon will have guests raving until the next gathering.
Recipe courtesy of The Martha Stewart Magazine- Everyday Food, March 2010
- 1/2 pound extra-sharp cheddar, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 small white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 loaf cocktail bread (rye or pumpernickel), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a food processor, combine cheddar, bacon, and onion. Process until a smooth paste forms, and transfer to a small bowl.
- Arrange bread on two rimmed baking sheets. Bake until crisp but not browned, about 6 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Heat broiler. Top each toast with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture. Broil