Massachusetts General Liability Insurance
An accident can happen anywhere, anytime.
You’re on a jobsite and your equipment damages a vehicle or a building…
A customer walks through the door and slips on the floor…
The vendor you trust the most falls off of a ladder…
Not only are these common scenarios, they can all lead to one thing:
Even when you take every precaution to prevent an accident or offer to pay all the costs, you can still be sued. Yes, even from a trusted vendor or someone who promised they wouldn’t pursue legal action.
In Massachusetts, a general liability insurance policy protects you from lawsuits and helps you cover the costs when things go wrong in your business.
What does a Massachusetts general liability insurance policy cover?
- Bodily injury
- Property damage
Whether it’s an on-site accident, injuries, or damages from goods and services you’ve sold, your general liability insurance will pay the damages plus the legal costs and payouts from a lawsuit.
Who is covered under your general liability insurance?
Nearly everyone is covered when you carry general liability:
**Employees are not covered. You’ll need workers compensation coverage for your employees.**
Who needs Massachusetts general liability insurance?
How To Know If You Need a Massachusetts General Liability Insurance Policy
- You work with the general public or other companies, vendors, and subcontractors.
- You have a physical location for your business that allows people to come and go.
- You meet people at their place of business or home.
- You want to do business with certain groups who require general liability insurance as a condition: government departments, some clients, and other organizations.
- You’re joining a trade association that requires it.
- You run a business at high risk of generating lawsuits.
- You have personal assets that you want to protect.
No matter your business type or size, if you work with people, you need Massachusetts general liability insurance coverage. You didn’t build your business to see it lost to one big lawsuit for something that was an accident or mistake. Protect yourself and your business.
Here at Ross Insurance, we want to help Massachusetts businesses of every size thrive and grow. In order to do that, you need to protect it with the right coverage. We can help you do that, starting with a good general liability policy.
Contact us today and let us help you protect your business.