Massachusetts Inland Marine Insurance
In its original capacity, inland marine insurance was created to protect a business owner while goods and equipment traveled across water. Today, this insurance protection covers you in plenty of other situations.
What is inland marine insurance?
In Massachusetts, inland marine insurance policies protect your business in a variety of ways:
- When you transport goods from one place to another
- When you keep your property at an off-site location
- When you take responsibility for property that doesn’t belong to you
Who benefits from Massachusetts inland marine insurance?
Considering what qualifies as “property” and how property can be transported, you may be surprised at all the different industries and people that need an inland marine insurance policy.
- Boat dealers and marinas
- Builders and contractors
- Camera operators, equipment dealers, and photographers
- Musicians and musical instrument dealers
- Fine arts and exhibitions businesses
- Motor truck cargo carriers
- Medical equipment transporters and dealers
- Salespeople with samples and company product
- Signs makers, dealers, and transporters
- Anyone who transports valuable or important documents
What happens if you don’t have inland marine insurance in Massachusetts?
Imagine that one of your employees is delivering equipment and goods for the day. The truck is loaded with tens of thousands of dollars worth of merchandise. Before the day is even started, while the truck is still full, there’s an accident on a job-site. The vehicle and the merchandise are a total loss.
Now imagine that you have to replace every item out of your own pocket, while also dealing with the damage and any other problems that crop up.
Sounds like a nightmare, right?
With a Massachusetts inland marine insurance policy, your business and the property in your care will be protected. Instead of facing devastating financial losses that can set your business back, you’ll be able to replace what was lost and move forward
Protect your business from financial disaster and give yourself and your customers peace of mind by adding an inland marine insurance policy to your insurance portfolio. Here at Ross Insurance, we can answer all of your questions and help you find the right policy for your specific business needs. Contact us today.