Professional Liability Insurance Massachusetts
Offering professional liability insurance to Massachusetts businesses is a specialty here at Ross Insurance. We understand the risks our clients face and create a complete professional liability insurance program to help shield them from those risks.
Massachusetts professional liability insurance is one of the business insurance tools we leverage to help protect our clients. It offers coverage to professionals from allegations of being negligent in or completely failing to properly provide their professional services.
DID YOU KNOW?
A wrongful act doesn’t have to be intentional to be considered negligent. It can be an error in meeting professional standards or an accidental omission of an important piece of information.
Sometimes your customers aren’t always right… their misconceptions can lead to meritless lawsuits that must be defended against. Professional liability insurance protects Massachusetts professionals from this risk.
Professional liability insurance in Massachusetts is as varied as the professions it is designed to protect. Individuals that typically obtain this kind of insurance include:
- Officers of Corporations
- Certified Public Accountants
But anyone who provides a professional service to others may have risk exposure. Other professions that need to consider liability insurance include:
- Beauticians & Salons
- Business Consultants
- Career Counselors
- Family and Mental Health Counselors
- Information Technology Consultants & Services
- Occupational Therapists
- Personal Trainers
- Real Estate Agents and Property Managers
- Travel Agents
- Wedding Planners
- And many more…
Regardless of the profession, a Massachusetts professional liability insurance policy generally includes the following coverage:
- Negligence – Including alleged mistakes in services or advice provided by your company via its professional services.
- Legal Costs – Providing for defense regardless of fault.
- Cover for past work – typically up to a specified period of time. This insures future, current, and past work completed.
Typically these insurance policies will have limits for both single claims and an overall annual total or lifetime total limit and premiums are based on a combination of factors including these limits, the type of profession, the nature of the business, past history, etc.
Think you can’t afford Professional Liability Insurance?
At Ross Insurance, we encourage you to “think again” and to talk with one of our insurance specialists before making any choices surrounding professional liability insurance. After all, can your company withstand a $100,000 lawsuit? How about $1,000,000? (Think about the value of your lost time, the hassle of being involved in a suit, the stress it will bring to yourself, your small business and your family, along with the damage to your reputation! A lawsuit can be far more costly than merely the settlement…)
If you are in the business of helping individuals or other businesses, you really must have some sort of professional liability insurance in place to protect against the potential of such claims. Compared with the potential loss caused by a single unprotected claim, the investment in Massachusetts Professional Liability insurance is minimal.
While we’re helping you determine your Professional Liability Insurance needs we’ll be sure we explore other important forms of insurance including:
- Business Owner Policy (BOP) – A general business liability insurance package that protects your business if a customer is hurt on your site or if one of your employees brings harm to a person or property while performing work for your business.
- Employment Practices Liability (EPLI) – Gives the protection you need if one of your employees say you have violated the law governing discrimination by age, race, or gender. This also provides protection against sexual harassment suits and wrongful termination.
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance – Gives your employees medical and disability coverage in the event of a work-related illness or injury.
- Business Auto – Protect your fleet, your drivers, and your customers.
- Group Health and Benefits – Protects your employees and creates loyalty.
No matter your business situation, Ross Insurance will take the time to listen to your needs, to get to know your situation, and to develop a comprehensive insurance plan that will protect you from these common risks and help give you the peace of mind you need so that you can confidently run your business.